How can I go about uploading my own design onto your card templates?
We have a catalog full of beautiful designs, and we stand by each and every one of them, so we of course recommend browsing the catalog before attempting to create your own design.
However, many of our customers are also talented designers, or simply have a fun photo or child's artwork that they'd like to present without anything else. Following the steps below, you can add your artwork to a card.
- Visit our DIY card category or DIY gift category and pick the format you think will work best.
- If your image is all ready, you can upload it as a photo through standard photo upload.
- If your card looks good with only these steps, you may stop here and check out. Otherwise continue on with these steps.
- If you have a vector or PDF file (Recommended if you've created your own text and/or graphics) then you'll simply add the card to your cart with no personalization, but select "Request free designer assistance" and let us know you'll email the design file to us.
- Email your design file to us with all text outlined and photos embedded.
- Either way we may contact you if we are concerned about your text or graphics not printing optimally.
In addition, keep the following in mind:
- If uploading a jpeg, make sure it is high enough resolution to prevent pixelation in text or graphics (or else you'll hear from us!)
- Jpeg images should be in RGB color to show up correctly
- If your design includes text or other elements, we may not be able to adjust placement if needed, so be generous with margins
- Bear in mind that we have a 1/8in area (bleed) around the outside of the card. So if you are choosing a 5.125x7in card, your total file dimensions will need to be 5.375x7.25 (add .25in to each side). If you don't include extra space, we'll need to stretch your image to make sure no empty space is left on the edge when the card is trimmed.