We have several options for envelopes, which will be presented to after the personalization process, and after selecting your trim and material options. Below is an explanation of each.
Blank envelopes (free)
This is the default for every card order. You will receive blank envelopes for all your cards. This is pre-selected and there is no additional fee for this option.
Printed return address
Selecting this option will reveal a text field in which you will enter your return address. We'll print this centered on the back flap of all your envelopes. This option is an additional 30¢ per envelope.
Printed return and recipient address (free)
Selecting this option will also prompt you to enter your desired return address, plus the option of using a blank return address in case you'd like apply your own labels. After hitting "next" you'll be brought to a page where you may upload your addresses. (See "Uploading addresses" for more information.) There is no additional fee for this option. We realize it can take some time to gather addresses, so we offer this option for free as a way of rewarding you for your hard work. Note that recipients can only be added to one design per order.
Printed return and recipient address, stamped and mailed
The previous options select envelopes that will be packed and shipped to you with your cards and other items. This option prompts you for your return address and recipient address as well, but rather than send everything to you, we'll print addresses, stuff, stamp, and mail each card to its recipient. In addition, on the back of the card will be printed "Especially for" and the recipient's name, for a slightly more personalized touch. This service is 49¢ per card plus the actual cost of the stamp. ($0.50 for Domestic, 1.15 for International as of 11/21/18) Note that recipients can only be added to one design per order.
Envelopes are included by default, but if you'd like to order some extras just in case, it's easy to do so.
Before adding your card to your cart
- At the top of the "Mailing and Envelope Options" page after you've personalized your card, choose the type of envelopes you'd like to receive with your order
- Underneath the "Mailing Option" section you will see "Extra Envelopes" with a dropdown for extra envelopes
- If you have printed envelopes, you'll have the option of choosing extra return address envelopes as well as extra blank envelopes. If not, you will just see a dropdown for blank envelopes
- Click "Add to Cart" and you'll see your choices reflected on the next page
After adding to your cart
- Go to "Cart and saved proofs" to find your cart
- Click on "Edit options"
- Click "next" to skip the thickness and trim options (unless you'd like to change those)
- Follow steps 1-4 above